1. ST BARNABAS CHURCH (1914), Penny Lane
L18 1LZ (entrance in Allerton Road). Other than its famous address, St Barnabas has other Beatles connections. It also features a notable WW1 memorial. There will be a family fun local history quiz - and people are invited to bring photos or record their memories of 'the changing face of Penny Lane'. Guided walks by qualified Blue Badge guides will also be offered, on the theme 'Discover the hidden history of the Penny Lane area'. Open 12-5 pm.
2. BETHEL WELSH CHAPEL (1927), Heathfield Road L15 9EZ (entrance in Auckland Road). Following the demolition of the original church in 2011, the former vestry and Sunday School building has been converted into a new chapel and meeting room. Books by Rev D. Ben Rees on Liverpool's Welsh heritage, etc., will be on sale at bargain prices. Open 2.30-4 pm only.
3. LIVERPOOL BLUE COAT SCHOOL FRONTAGE (1906), Church Road L15 9EE (entrance under clock tower). See the Board Room and Chapel of this fine Edwardian building, built when the School moved to Wavertree from the centre of Liverpool. It has been restored by the Liverpool Blue Coat School Foundation and is now available as a venue for civil weddings and other functions. Open 12-4 pm.
4. HOLY TRINITY CHURCH (1794), Church Road L15 9EE. Originally built as a chapel-of-ease to All Saints Childwall, it later became Wavertree's parish church. It was transformed in 1911 by the addition of Charles Reilly's baptistry and apse. Information booklets about the 1911 extension project will be on sale to visitors. Open 12-5 pm.
5. WAVERTREE CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH (1839), Hunters Lane L15 8HL. Originally called Trinity Chapel, its founder Thomas Sleigh had been shocked by the 'spiritual destitution' of Wavertree when he moved to the district. Members of the congregation will be on hand to talk to visitors. In addition, there will be a small display of wedding dresses worn by members of the church's congregation - some of them dating back 60 years. Open 12-4 pm.
6. WAVERTREE LOCK-UP (1796), Childwall Road/Lake Road L15 8JS. Originally constructed as a place to hold drunks and criminals overnight, this historic, octagonal sandstone building later provided temporary accommodation for cholera victims and refugees from the Irish famine. The Wavertree Society will be opening it to visitors for the 20th year in succession. The Society's books, tea towels, calendars, Christmas cards, etc., will be on sale. Open 12-4 pm.
7. THE LAMB (1855), High Street L15 8JS. 'The Sign of the Lamb' has hung here for over 200 years, though the pub was rebuilt in the 1850s and is now the headquarters of BMD:LAW, a firm of solicitors. Many of the former pub's interior features have recently been restored. The owner, Bernadette McDonald, has kindly agreed to show visitors around. Open 12-5 pm.
8. ST MARY'S CHURCH (1872), South Drive L15 8JJ. Built as a Wesleyan Methodist church, but re-consecrated by the Church of England in 1952 after wartime bombing destroyed the original St Mary's Parish Church. A reprint of the 1952 'Consecration of St Mary's' booklet will be on sale. Refreshments (tea/coffee and biscuits) and toilet facilities will also be available. Open 12.30-4 pm.